Hello PA State Championship Teams and Volunteers!
In a few days we will be starting our FTC Pennsylvania State Championship! Are you all ready? We and our volunteers sure are excited for the next week and the fun that we will encounter. Just think, this time next week you will all be going through your Judge Interviews and afternoon Follow Up discussions with our amazingly Judge teams dedicated to making this the best experience for you possible.
So please be aware of the upcoming week Agenda and important dates and times. As always, please do share this communique with all of your team members!
- PROMOTE and COMPASS AWARD submissions; Due tomorrow, Sunday 5/16/2021 at 11:59 PM
- Tuesday 5/18/2021 at 7:30 PM – Opening Ceremonies and Drivers Meeting #1 NOTE: Please join early at around 7:15 for the Virtual Dance Party to showcased before the awards ceremony.
- Wednesday 5/19/2021 at 12:00 AM – Competition Submission Window Opens
- Friday 5/21/2021 7:30 PM – Drivers Meeting #2
- Saturday 5/22/2021 7:00 AM – Judging Materials Submission Window Closes
- Saturday AM – Judging Interviews: see Remote Scoring System for time slot & web conferencing
- Saturday PM – Follow-up Judging (Pit Style Interviews): see Remote Scoring System for time slot & web conferencing.
- Sunday – 5/23/2021 at 12:00 Noon – Competition Submission Window Closes
- Sunday 4:00 PM – Awards & Closing Ceremonies
- Monday – 5/24/2021 – Event Results Posted to ftc-events.firstinspires.org
- Monday – Trophies Mailed to Award Winners
For links to the Remote Scoring System and Web Conferencing embedded in the AGENDA please go to the EVENT Website link. The list of competing teams and their associated League Advancement results is on this page as well.
As communicated in our last email, the team schedule for Saturday morning Presentation and afternoon Follow Up Judging sessions is also already posted. Please go to the Remote Scoring System to check out your times. As usual, the times and links are dedicated to your team so you can go in and practice and prepare at your leisure.
Also, remember that Team #13474 Curiosity is organizing a Virtual Dance Party with the videos to be shared with teams prior to the Opening Ceremonies. Details on this activity were shared in an email to teams last Tuesday, May 11th however, on summary you can:
- Record your team performing your favorite FTC line dance. Maybe even include your robot giving us some spins! Have fun with it! Your video should be no bigger than 10GB. Music should be set to the timing of 4/4.
- Fill out the Google form associated with this link to participate https://forms.gle/SxpttXraiqTPDc3f7
- If you have any questions, please email Marketing@MarsRoboticsAssociation.org
Please let us know if you should have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your attention and best of luck in your practices. See you on Tuesday Evening.
Tom Zawislak and Dave Hackett
Pennsylvania FIRST® Robotics
FIRST Tech Challenge® Program Delivery Partner
phone: (302) 383-9925