Saturday November 11, 2017
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
|12:00 PM||Teams Arrive and Check-in|
|12:15 PM||Workshop Begins|
|4:00 PM||Event Complete|
This event is hosted and managed by FTC Team 6540 Rail Splitters.
Design It!, Build It!, Program It!, and Drive It! are a series of teams-helping-teams workshops to help teams start or advance their robot design, build, and programming skills, as well as providing practice time on the field. Coaches, mentors, lead students, and volunteers will work directly with teams to help them prepare for their first scrimmage or Tournament. Jump Start! is a single workshop combining aspects of the above series tailored to the needs of the attending teams.
- Design It! is focused on game strategy and robot design, with initial robot building.
- Build It! continues the robot build process with help for initial programming.
- Program It! is focused on programming in either Java/Android Studio, FTC App Inventor, or Blocks. Bring a laptop that either is or can be set up for one of the development environments.
- Drive It! provides the opportunity to test and tweak your robot on a full competition field. Practice with and against other teams.
Share your expertise with other teams! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to present/lead/support a topic area at any these workshops. Non-robot/programming topic areas are also welcomed, including engineering notebook, judging, fund raising, outreach, etc.
What To Bring
These are hands on workshops. To get the most out of the workshops, please bring what you can of the following as appropriate for this workshop:
- Engineering Notebook
- Programming laptop / CAD laptop
- FTC New Technology components: modules, cables
- Driver station and robot controller phones, OTG USB cable, USB hub
- DC Motors, Servos, cables and wires, slotted screw driver
- Robot parts – Tetrix, Matrix, and other parts
- Charged batteries and charger
- Power strip
- Safety glasses
Team Registration Information
|Team #||Team Name||Organization||Location|
|5506||RoboOwls||Edison High School||Philadelphia, PA|
|5514||Parkway RoboHounds||Parkway Center City||Philadelphia, PA|
|6540||Lincoln1||Abraham Lincoln High School||Philadelphia, PA|
|6677||TecHeads||Boys' Latin of Philadelphia||Philadelphia, PA|
|13240||Swenson Robotics||Swenson Arts & Technology HS||Philadelphia, PA|
|13347||Project Home Robotics||Project Home||Philadelphia, PA|