Sunday October 29, 2017
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
National Robotics Engineering Center
10 40th St
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
Venue Special Requirements
Carnegie Mellon University requires each participant to fill out, sign and bring their Understanding, Assumption of Risk & Release form. Those without an appropriately signed form will not be able to participate in the event.
View photos from this event.
|1:00 PM||Teams Arrive and Check-in|
|1:15 PM||Workshop Begins|
|5:00 PM||Event Complete|
This event is hosted and managed by FTC Teams 9820 Girls of Steel Hypatia and 9981 Girls of Steel Lovelace, and FRC Team 3504 Girls of Steel.
Design It!, Build It!, Program It!, and Drive It! are a series of teams-helping-teams workshops to help teams start or advance their robot design, build, and programming skills, as well as providing practice time on the field. Coaches, mentors, lead students, and volunteers will work directly with teams to help them prepare for their first scrimmage or Tournament. Jump Start! is a single workshop combining aspects of the above series tailored to the needs of the attending teams.
- Design It! is focused on game strategy and robot design, with initial robot building.
- Build It! continues the robot build process with help for initial programming.
- Program It! is focused on programming in either Java/Android Studio, FTC App Inventor, or Blocks. Bring a laptop that either is or can be set up for one of the development environments.
- Drive It! provides the opportunity to test and tweak your robot on a full competition field. Practice with and against other teams.
Share your expertise with other teams! Contact email@example.com if you would like to present/lead/support a topic area at any these workshops. Non-robot/programming topic areas are also welcomed, including engineering notebook, judging, fund raising, outreach, etc.
What To Bring
These are hands on workshops. To get the most out of the workshops, please bring what you can of the following as appropriate for this workshop:
- Engineering Notebook
- Programming laptop / CAD laptop
- FTC New Technology components: modules, cables
- Driver station and robot controller phones, OTG USB cable, USB hub
- DC Motors, Servos, cables and wires, slotted screw driver
- Robot parts – Tetrix, Matrix, and other parts
- Charged batteries and charger
- Power strip
- Safety glasses
Team Registration Information
|Team #||Team Name||Organization||Location|
|9820||Girls of Steel Hypatia||Carnegie Mellon University||Pittsburgh, PA|
|9981||Girls of Steel Lovelace||Carnegie Mellon University||Pittsburgh, PA|
|11792||Bots Burgh||Community||Pittsburgh, PA|
|12556||ApolloVI||Moon Area High School||Moon Township, PA|
|13336||Martians||Mars Area Middle School||Mars, PA|