Hello again to PA FIRST Tech Challenge Teams and volunteers,
We are hoping you had a great and safe summer. As with our previous emails, please be sure to share this with your full team, students, mentors and parents as we want to be sure to get the word out.
Please be reminded that we are still planning on conducting an Off-Season Scrimmage in collaboration with the Eastern Pennsylvania Robotics Alliance (EPRA). As advised in previous emails these will be located at ROBOTSTOCK, a two-day, FREE, hands-on STEM extravaganza planned for October 2nd and 3rd at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, PA. Yes, Robotstock is still on!
Last season, we, and a great majority of the teams, were disappointed in not being able to meet live and in head-to-head competitions with other teams. As such, we are planning a full field(s) two Alliance Scrimmage(s) over the two-day period incorporating the 2020/21 ULTIMATE GOAL Game challenge!! It will be as “back to normal: as we can make it. So, if you can keep past season’s robot together for a couple extra days beyond the new season Kick-Off this coming Saturday you will be in for great fun.
Besides the Ultimate Goal game challenge, we will set up a second field with this season’s Freight Frenzy game challenge (one field for each game). This will allow teams who have already started building or converting their robots an opportunity to continue to work, collaborate with other teams, try design concepts, etc. Additionally, any demonstration bots that you have and are happy to share and allow kids to drive would be an awesome addition. Of course, with all of this, we expect teams to continually act as Ambassadors to the program to the general visiting public.
Why should you compete and/or volunteer?
- If you wondered how well your robot would have done in collaboration with an alliance partner in last season’s game.
- If you envisioned being a strong contender if defense were employed and other bots were on the field. Prove it!
- A great kick-start for the season to get you students back into the competitive groove
- Experience for new team members who have not had the benefit and joy of a “live” robotics experience
- A great outreach and recruitment opportunity where you will get to meet the general public as an ambassador for FIRST Tech Challenge. As such, if your team has robots used for display and training as well, we would welcome your consideration for hands-on experience for kids who undoubtedly want to drive a bot.
- Have FUN and experience all the FIRST programs, and much more STEM related activities, under one roof
As with all of our live competitions there will be pit space and power for your team displays and paraphernalia. Since we are there for two days regardless, we will hold at least one scrimmage each day on Saturday and Sunday if there is enough interest. We do not have an official registration set up yet however we would like to again gauge your interest in competing via response to this email and which of the days (or both) you would like to participate firstname.lastname@example.org . Registration for all FTC PA events will open after Kick-off this Saturday.
We love getting the FIRST name and mission out to the public and know our teams have a blast participating. Again, Robotstock will be held at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, PA.
Thank you all for your kind consideration for being part of this fantastic outreach and team collaboration opportunity.
Tom Zawislak and Dave Hackett
Pennsylvania FIRST® Robotics
FIRST Tech Challenge® Program Delivery Partner
phone: (302) 383-9925