Compass and Promote Awards
The Compass Award recognizes an adult coach or mentor who has given outstanding guidance and support to a Team throughout the year and demonstrates to the Team what it means to be a Gracious Professional. The winner of the Compass Award will be chosen from candidates nominated by FIRST Tech Challenge student Team members, via a 40-60 second video submission. The video must highlight how their mentor has helped them become an inspirational Team. We want to hear what sets the mentor apart. See the Game Manual Part 1 for details.
The Promote Award is given to the Team that is most successful in creating a compelling video message for the public designed to change our culture and celebrate science, technology, engineering and math. Teams must submit a one-minute long public service announcement (PSA) video based on the PSA subject for the season. A Team may win the Promote Award only once at a Championship level event and only once at a qualifying level event. See the Game Manual Part 1 for details.
Compass Award and Promote Award submissions are due by Friday March 8, 2024 at 11:59 PM. Submissions after this will not be considered.
If your video is private, grant email@example.com access so we may download your video submission for our judges.
Video Award Submission Guidelines
Winning videos will be submitted to FIRST and used to promote the higher values of FIRST Tech Challenge. Teams may win the Promote Award only once at a Championship level event and only once at a qualifying level event. Teams can also send their Promote videos directly to FIRST; however these submissions will not be formally judged.
- The Compass Award and Promote Award will only be judged at the Pennsylvania FTC Championship Tournament
- The video must be submitted by the due date and time.
- Videos must be submitted in AVI, WMV, MOV or better format. Submission through use of a streaming service such as YouTube is not acceptable. Remember the winning video may be shown on a large screen during the awards ceremony. Teams should use the best resolution available for the final version.
- Only one video submission per Team will be considered. Teams may submit new or updated videos at each tournament.
- Teams must have permission from the copyright owners for music used in the video and indicate this in their video.