Friday November 5, 2021
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Carver Engineering and Science
1600 W Norris St
Philadelphia, PA 19121
|2:00 pm||Teams Arrive and Check-in|
|2:15 pm||Workshop Begins|
|6:00 pm||Event Complete|
This event is hosted and managed by the Philadelphia Robotics Coalition.
Event Host Special Requirements
All people present at a Philadelphia Robotics Coalition event must provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This requirement applies to event staff, volunteers, coaches, mentors, students, and spectators. See http://roboticscoalition.org/covid for full details.
This event is hosted and managed by the Philadelphia Robotics Coalition and supported by FTC Teams 5321 TechHeroes and 9570 GearGirls.
The Design It!, Build It!, Program It!, and Drive It! are a series of teams-helping-teams workshops to help teams start or advance their robot design, build, and programming skills, as well as providing practice time on the field. Coaches, mentors, lead students, and volunteers will work directly with teams to help them prepare for their first scrimmage or Tournament. Jump Start! is a single workshop combining aspects of the above series tailored to the needs of the attending teams.
- Design It! is focused on game strategy and robot design, with initial robot building.
- Build It! continues the robot build process with help for initial programming.
- Program It! is focused on programming in either Java/Android Studio, OnBot Java, or Blocks. Bring a laptop that either is or can be set up for one of the development environments.
- Drive It! provides the opportunity to test and tweak your robot on a full competition field. Practice with and against other teams.
- Jump Start! brings elements of Design It!, Build It!, and Program It! together tailored to the attending teams needs.
Share your expertise with other teams! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to present/lead/support a topic area at any these workshops. Non-robot/programming topic areas are also welcomed, including engineering notebook, judging, fund raising, outreach, etc.
What To Bring
These are hands on workshops. To get the most out of the workshops, please bring what you can of the following as appropriate for this workshop:
- Engineering Notebook
- Programming laptop / CAD laptop
- Robot electronic and mechanical parts
- Driver station controller and robot controller
- Charged batteries and charger
- Power strip
- Safety glasses
Team Registration Information
|Team #||Team Name||Organization||Location|
|4400||Gearhead Group||Parkway Center City Middle College||Philadelphia, PA|
|5320||RoboLancers Gold||Central High School||Philadelphia, PA|
|5321||Tech Heroes||Carver HSES||Philadelphia, PA|
|5514||Parkway RoboHounds||Parkway Center City Middle College||Philadelphia, PA|
|6066||Mustang Robotics||Murrell Dobins CTE High School||Philadelphia, PA|
|6676||RoboLancers Crimson||Central High School||Philadelphia, PA|
|8480||Technabots||Girls' High School||Philadelphia, PA|
|8730||RoboGriffins||Academy at Palumbo||Philadelphia, PA|
|9570||Gear Girls||Carver HSES||Philadelphia, PA|
|12308||Bodine Ambassadors||Bodine High School||Philadelphia, PA|
|13347||Binary Bots||Project HOME||Philadelphia, PA|
|13378||FLC Robocats||Franklin Learning Center||Philadelphia, PA|
|16941||RoboLancers Cobalt||Central High School||Philadelphia, PA|
|18572||West Philly Speedbots||West Philadelphia High School||Philadelphia, PA|