Saturday October 23, 2021
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
|9:00 am||Teams Arrive and Check-in|
|9:15 am||Workshop Sessions Begins|
|1:00 pm||Workshop Sessions Resume|
|3:00 pm||Event Complete|
This event is hosted and managed by FTC Team 8645 Robotic Doges.
Design It!, Build It!, Program It!, Drive It!, and Jump Start! are a series of teams-helping-teams workshops to help teams start or advance their robot design, build, and programming skills, as well as providing practice time on the field. Coaches, mentors, lead students, and volunteers will work directly with teams to help them prepare for their first scrimmage or Tournament. Jump Start! is a single workshop combining aspects of the above series tailored to the needs of the attending teams.
- Design It! is focused on game strategy and robot design, with initial robot building.
- Build It! continues the robot build process with help for initial programming.
- Program It! is focused on programming in either Java/Android Studio, OnBot Java, or Blocks. Bring a laptop that either is or can be set up for one of the development environments.
- Drive It! provides the opportunity to test and tweak your robot on a full competition field. Practice with and against other teams.
- Jump Start! brings elements of Design It!, Build It!, and Program It! together tailored to the attending teams needs.
In addition to the standard sessions (aspects of Design It!, Build It!, Program It!, and Drive It!), there will also be a session on CAD using AutoDesk Inventor and a session about Odometry covering hardware considerations and software using Roadrunner and Java/Android Studio.
Share your expertise with other teams! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to present/lead/support a topic area at any these workshops. Non-robot/programming topic areas are also welcomed, including engineering notebook, judging, fund raising, outreach, etc.
What To Bring
These are hands on workshops. To get the most out of the workshops, please bring what you can of the following as appropriate for this workshop:
- Engineering Notebook
- Programming laptop / CAD laptop
- Robot electronic and mechanical parts
- Driver station controller and robot controller
- Charged batteries and charger
- Power strip
- Safety glasses
Team Registration Information
|Team #||Team Name||Organization||Location|
|8645||Robotic Doges||Laurel Highlands Education and Robotics||Hollsopple, PA|
|11972||Botsburgh||Upper Saint Clair School||Upper Saint Clair, PA|
|13474||MARS Curiosity?||Mars Robotics Association||Mars, PA|
|20079||MARS Ingenuity||Mars Robotics Association||Mars, PA|
|20223||USC Dynamics||Upper St Clair Robotics Club||Pittsburgh, PA|