Saturday October 29, 2016
12:45 pm - 5:00 pm
|12:45 PM||Teams Arrive and Check-in|
|1:00 PM||Workshop Begins|
|5:00 PM||Event Complete|
This event is hosted and managed by FTC Teams 3283 SciBots and 3305 SciBots 2.
Design It!, Build It!, Program It!, and Drive It! are a series of teams-helping-teams workshops to help teams jump start their robot design, build, and programming skills, as well as providing practice time on the field. Coaches, mentors, lead students, and volunteers will work directly with teams to help them prepare for their first scrimmage or Tournament.
- Design It! is focused on game strategy and robot design, with initial robot building.
- Build It! continues the robot build process with help for initial programming.
- Program It! is focused on programming in either Java/Android Studio and FTC App Inventor. Bring a laptop that either is or can be set up for one of the development environments.
- Drive It! provides the opportunity to test and tweak your robot on a full competition field. Practice with and against other teams.
Share your expertise with other teams! Contact email@example.com if you would like to present/lead/support a topic area at any these workshops. Non-robot/programming topic areas are also welcomed, including engineering notebook, judging, fund raising, outreach, etc.
What To Bring
These are hands on workshops. To get the most out of the workshops, please bring what you can of the following as appropriate for this workshop:
- Programming laptop
- FTC New Technology components: Electronics Modules (Base Kit) and/or Electronics Modules & Sensor Kit (Full Kit), USB cables
- ZTE Speed phones, OTG USB cable, USB hub
- Legacy components: DC Motor controllers, Servo controllers, Sensors, I2C cables
- DC Motors, Servos, cables and wires, slotted screw driver
- Robot parts – Tetrix, Matrix, and other parts
- Logitech F310 Gamepads
- Charged Tetrix batteries and charger
- Power strip
- Safety glasses
Team Registration Information
|Team #||Team Name||Organization||Location|
|9872||(In)Formal Logic||Covenant Christian Academy||Harrisburg, PA|