Hello Teams and Volunteers,
This is the sixth in the continuing series of Pennsylvania FIRST Robotics emails, not including last week’s Call for Volunteers email. Previous emails can be found on our website in the COMMUNICATION Archives.
A quick reminder that we will have our second Coaches Call this Wednesday, Sep 28th at 7:30PM. Registration is not necessary. Please join through the following link:
We are happy to announce (in advance of new Event listings) that we have rounded out our Qualifier Schedule capping at a total of nine (9). As such, and as was announced in our last email blast, we will open registration for the Qualifiers on Saturday, October 1st at 8:00AM. This gives all of our team’s an opportunity to review the options with their student and adult members and make decisions as to event priorities. We are also adding another Scrimmage to the existing schedule and may add more. If teams still want to add Team Powered workshops or scrimmages this season, please let me know for consideration.
Please carefully read the Event Participation Policy:
Also reference the Processing Event Registration Requests. Note that Out-of-State teams will not be competing in PA this season.
Then follow the instruction on our Event Registration page and associated form.
SPECIAL NOTE: In our last email blast we stated that we opened registration for Workshops and Scrimmages only. Some teams also registered for Qualifiers regardless of our statement that we would not be accepting them. Any Qualifier Registrations prior to 8:00AM on Saturday the 1st will be canceled, and your team will be notified that you need to register again.
Of course, you may continue to register for Workshops and Scrimmages as well.
A brief summary of events follows. Full details are on our website. Formal listings of the two new events will be on our FTC EVENT website as well as the FIRST Event Management system well before Saturday.
- Wed Sep 28, 2022 – Coaches Call #2
- Sat Oct 8, 2022 – Workshop Build It! Philadelphia, Science Leadership Academy
- Thu Nov 3, 2022 – Workshop Program It! Philadelphia, GW Carver HS
- Sun Nov 13, 2022 – UCFSD FTC Scrimmage, Kennett Square, Patton Middle School
- Sat Dec 3rd, 2022 – NEW – SW PA Scrimmage, Gibsonia, Eden Hall Upper Elementary
- Sat Dec 10, 2022 – Workshop Drive It! Philadelphia, Central High School
- Sat Dec 17, 2022 – Eastern Pennsylvania Qualifier, Coatesville Area High School
- Sun Dec 18, 2022 – Red and Black Qualifier, Coatesville Area High School
- Fri Jan 6, 2023 – Philadelphia FTC Scrimmage, School District of PHL Building
- Sat Jan 14, 2023 – Southwestern Pennsylvania Qualifier, Cranberry, North Catholic HS
- Sat Jan 21, 2023 – South Central Pennsylvania Qualifier, York, Penn State York
- Sun Jan 22, 2023 – Blue and White Qualifier, York, Penn State York
- Sat Feb 4, 2023 – Philadelphia Qualifier, Central High School
- Sat Feb 11, 2023 – NEW – Red Tornado Qualifier, Lancaster, McCaskey East HS
- Sat Feb 18, 2023 – Lehigh Valley Qualifier, Emmaus High School
- Sun Feb 19, 2023 – Green and Gold Qualifier, Emmaus High School
FIRST® Tech Challenge Game Q&A Forum Opens today!
The official FIRST Tech Challenge Game Q&A Forum opened today, Tuesday, September 27, 2022, at 12 p.m. Eastern Time. Every registered FIRST Tech Challenge team is granted one account to ask questions and receive official answers from our game design committee through the game Q&A forum. A code for each team is loaded into the team’s dashboard.
Remember that the key Resources such as Game Manuals, have been updated and released. This was communicated in a Team Email Blast directly from FIRST (dated Thursday, Sep 15th). The FIRST Tech Challenge Software Development Kit (SDK) has also been released. If you did not get this email, please let me know and I will forward it, however you should be able to access it yourself in the FIRST FTC Email Archives.
All the best,
Tom and the FTC PA Team!
Pennsylvania FIRST® Robotics
FIRST Tech Challenge® Program Delivery Partner
phone: (302) 383-9925