Hello again to PA FIRST Tech Challenge Teams and volunteers,
We are hoping you are having a great and safe summer. As with our previous emails, pleas be sure to share this with your full team, students, mentors and parents as we want to be sure to get the word out.
Back on June 30th we wrote to you regarding two Outreach opportunities coming up this fall. Well, we are happy to announce that we have decided to turn one if these opportunities into a full blown, OFF-SEASON SCRIMMAGE. This is in collaboration with the Eastern Pennsylvania Robotics Alliance (EPRA) to be located at the ROBOTSTOCK two-day, FREE, hands-on STEM extravaganza planned for October 2nd and 3rd at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, PA.
This past season, we, and a great majority of the teams, were disappointed in not being able to meet live and in head-to-head competitions with other teams. So, pending any reversal of COVID restrictions or CDC guidelines we are planning a full field(s) two Alliance Scrimmage(s) over the two-day period incorporating the 2020/21 ULTIMATE GOAL Game challenge!! It will be as “back to normal as we can make it. Why should you compete and/or volunteer?
- If you wondered how well your robot would have done in collaboration with an alliance partner.
- If you envisioned being a strong contender if defense were employed and other bots were on the field. Prove it!
- A great kick-start for the season to get you students back into the competitive groove
- Experience for new team members who have not had the benefit and joy of a “live” robotics experience
- A great outreach and recruitment opportunity where you will get to meet the general public as an ambassador for FIRST Tech Challenge. As such, if your team has robots used for display and training as well, we would welcome your consideration for hands-on experience for the kids undoubtedly want to drive a bot.
- Have FUN and experience all the FIRST programs, and much more STEM related activities, under one roof
As with all of our live competitions there will be pit space and power for your team displays and paraphernalia. Since we are there for two days regardless, we will hold at least one scrimmage each day on Saturday and Sunday. We do not have an official registration set up yet however we would like to gauge your interest in competing via response to this email and which of the days (or both) you would like to participate email@example.com
We love getting the FIRST name and mission out to the public and know our teams have a blast participating. Again, as well. Robotstock will be held at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, PA.
And we are still looking for support for:
Saturday, September 25th, 2021 – STEM night at Lancaster Barnstormers Baseball Game
The Lancaster Barnstormers are an American professional baseball team based in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. They are a member of the North Division of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, a “partner league” of Major League Baseball. They play in Clipper Magazine Stadium located just outside of central Lancaster city.
STEM day is actually a totally FIRST Robotics Day, no other entities are planned. We will take over portions of the mezzanine both under cover as well as outside in the outfield where we hope to have a contingent of FRC, FTC and FLL (all three programs) participating. So please spread the word and let us know ASAP if you would like to join us in celebrating what FIRST is all about to the thousands of fans expected to attend the game. This is the second time that FIRST FTC local teams are participating but we want to spread the joy among all programs. Space and tables as well as special accommodations for the teams will be provided. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all for your kind consideration for being part of these two fantastic outreach and team collaboration opportunities.
All the best,
Tom Zawislak and Dave Hackett