Hello Teams and Volunteers,
This is the fifteenth in the continuing series of Pennsylvania FIRST Robotics emails. Hopefully you received the last email #14 highlighting Event Additions and Updates. As always, previous emails can be found on our website in the COMMUNICATION Archives.
Special Notice: Due to our successful registration of 146 Teams in PA for the CENTERSTAGE season, our allotment of teams that will advance from our PA State Championship to the 2024 FIRST® Championship, to be held in Houston, TX April 17-20, 2024, will be four (4) Teams!
We have exciting updates to announce to the season schedule.
- Tartan Scrimmage – we still have many slots open for the newly added, 24 team scrimmage to provide more play and practice opportunities in the western, PA region, but all state-wide team’s welcome.
Date: Sunday January 14, 2024 9:00am – 4:00 pm
Venue – Carnegie Mellon University, Cohon University Center
Registration is open for this free and open Team Powered Scrimmage hosted and managed by Girls of Steel Robotics FRC Team 3504, and FTC Teams 9820 Girls of Steel Hypatia, 9821 Girls of Steel Hopper and 9981 Girls of Steel Lovelace.
- Pennsylvania FTC Championship – This will definitely be a 36 team, two-day event! Preliminarily Agenda: We will conduct Robot Inspection and all Judge Interviews on Saturday afternoon, Mar 16th starting at 12:00 Noon, then Sunday Mar 17th will be dedicated to all field competition and matches. This is open only to teams that earn advancement from our 10 Qualifiers. We have secured the following:
Venue: Saucon Valley Middle School, Hellertown, PA
his is the same venue from the last few years.
Thank you to Bob Svitilla and the FTC teams 18284 Panthera Mu, 19831 Panthera Gamma, 24217 Panthera Psi and 17334 Panthera Robotica for making this happen!
- Results: We successfully held our first two PA Qualifiers this past weekend, Dec 16th and 17th at York Country Day School:
Congratulations to the 4 teams that advanced to the State Championship from these events. Full tournament results, including Judged Award scripts, can be found on our website:
South Central Pennsylvania Qualifier https://www.ftcpenn.org/ftc-events/2023-2024-season/south-central-pennsylvania-qualifier . Advanced:
- 14423 RoboCorns, Exton, PA – Inspire Award Winner
- 16468 Green Lemons, Kennett Square, PA – Winning Alliance Captain
Greyhound Sprint Qualifer https://www.ftcpenn.org/ftc-events/2023-2024-season/greyhound-sprint-qualifier . Advanced:
- 7244 OUT of the BOX Robotics, Thorndale, PA – Inspire Award Winner
- 22312 The Brobdingnagian Tritocephalic BrainSTEM Robotics Team, Baden, PA – Inspire Award 2nd place
Invitations went out yesterday for the Priority 2 Waitlist Teams for the Nittany Lion Qualifier to be held Sat Jan 20, 2024 at PSU York. If you received an invitation please respond by this Saturday, Dec 23rd to be included. If after this round of invitations does not fill the 30-team goal, we will send additional invitations to more P2 and P3 teams next week.
This season we are welcoming teams to bring along and present a Team logo Flag to each competition to proudly wave before and after matches, especially if you win. No more than 3 ft X 5 ft in size please.
Call for Volunteers: PLEASE!
Yes, it is a repeat from our Archives, but it is very important. We, your kids, students and Teams are not successful without YOU as a volunteer in the program. Ask anyone who has been or is now part of our team how much fun and rewarding volunteering is. Please see the following link for more instructions. Please give out and give back and reach out to me with any questions.
Be safe and see you all soon.
Tom and the FTC PA Team!
Pennsylvania FIRST® Robotics
FIRST Tech Challenge® Program Delivery Partner
phone: (302) 383-9925