We’ve made several updates to the search capabilities of our website. These include:
- A new Team Search page was added to provide an easy way to search for and filter team registration information of upcoming events, team performance data from past events, and team season registration information.
- The general search capability was updated to make the results returned more succinct and hopefully more meaningful.
- The FTC Events and Teams webpages were updated such that team numbers are now hyperlinked. Clicking on them will perform a search on that team number.
The sections below provide details on these updates. If you have questions, suggestions, or notice issues, please Contact Us.
The new Team Search page allows you to search for team-related information published across our website. To access the Team Search page, in the top menus under Teams, select Team Search. You can also access it by clicking on the search icon (magnifying glass) in the upper righthand corner of any page, entering a team number, and pressing enter.
The Team Search page will return information we have available about a team, including:
- The FTC seasons that the team registered with FIRST.
- The Pennsylvania FTC events and East Super-Regional events that a team participated in. A summary of competition awards, judging awards, match results, and advancement information is displayed.
- The upcoming events where a team is on the Registered List or a Waitlist. If a team is on a Waitlist, the Waitlist name, the team’s overall position on the Waitlists, and the number of open spots available on the Registered List is displayed.
To get started, enter a search term in one or more of the Search for boxes, optionally check any of the Filters, and then click Search Teams (or hit enter). Note that you can use the Filters without search terms; it just depends on the type of information you are looking for.
General Search Improvements
The general search is accessed by clicking on the search icon (magnifying glass) in the upper righthand corner of any page, entering your search term, and pressing enter. This search capability has been updated such that:
- Numbers with 5 digits or less are now assumed to be a team number, and a team number search will be performed with the results displayed on the Team Search webpage.
- Searches that contain a phrase (e.g., green and red) will now only return results matching the entire phrase. Prior to this results included matches on each major word within the phrase.
- Results of season event calendars, events, and team season registrations information is now displayed in descending date order. Results of venues will be last the list and they will be sorted alphabetically.
These general search updates will result in fewer, but hopefully more meaningful results.
1-click Search for Teams on the Event and the Teams Webpages
Most team numbers on event webpages and team season registration webpages now include a hyperlink to perform a search on that team number and the results will be displayed on the Team Search page. This should make your initial search for a team’s information a little easier as there are fewer steps involved.
There are a few places on event webpages and team webpages that team numbers are not hyperlinked.
- On event webpages, Teams listed in the Team Powered section are not hyperlinked. This will be addressed in the future.
- On event webpages, Teams listed in the Match Results Details reports are not hyperlinked. This may be addressed in the future.
- The 2006-2007 season was a FIRST Vex Challenge (FVC) season and it used FVC team numbers. These numbers conflict with FTC Team numbers, so they are not hyperlinked. Also note that the FVC season information is not available through the Team Search webpage.